<body>


. Me .

xinliang
~8th mAy 1991~

national junior college
08S06 '08'09
njc symphonic band

crescent girls' school
cgs symphonic band
1G3 2G3 3C1 4C1

nanyang primary school
1D 2E 3C 4H 5I 6I

~percussionist~

Strike,Italic,Strong,Big,Bold,Underline


. My Have-Nots .

♥ A Real Oven for Baking

♥ A Digital Camera

♥ A World Tour

♥ A Library at Home

♥ Buy Back My Previous House at Bishan

♥ Let Daddy and Mummy Retire ASAP

♥ Design and Revonate My Own Home

♥ Take Up Professional Cooking



. Quotable Quotes .

♥ Obstacles are those frightening things that appear when we take out mind off our GOALS

♥ Slow down and live..find your true joy before the day closes

♥ When life doesn't give you the best, you have to make the best out of it

♥ No matter how bad the storm is, there's a RAINBOW waiting

♥ The BATTLE is not over till it is over

♥ Limits exist only in the mind

♥ At the end, it's not the years in your life that counts; it's the life in your years

♥ A setback is an opportunity to begin more intelligently

♥ However mean your life is, meet it and live it; do not shun it and cal lit hard names. It is not as bad as you think. The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise

♥ A smile is a curve that sets everything straight

♥ I love who I am because I am who I am

♥ When work is a pleasure, life is a joy; When work is a duty, life is a slavery

♥ When the going gets tough, the tough gets going

♥ Life is like riding a bicycle; you won't fall off unless you stop pedalling

♥ Life is a kaleidoscope

♥ When life hands you lemons, make lemonade

♥ He that is down need fear no fall

♥ 人生是没有草稿的;每一天就像张昂贵的上乘好纸;不能信守随便涂鸦;要惜心对待它

♥ 天将降大任于世人也
必先苦其心志,
劳其筋骨,
饿其体肤,
空乏起身,
行拂乱其所为,
所以动心忍性,
增益其所不能。


. Speeches .


Saturday, December 23, 2006

passion of life

Went for band practice today and yesterday. my sight-reading skills improved!!! I can actually sight-read I COULD HAVE DANCED ALL NIGHT and DISNEY SPECTACULAR. I like under the sea, beauty and the beast and the Arabian nights. I don’t always play the timpani part already. it’s quite a different feeling when playing the mallets as compared to the timpani and other instruments. At around late afternoon, the bookshop aunty was like shooing our shoes and us out of the band room. Even ms low couldn’t stand her too! The aunty is always complaining about us even when we did nothing. The section says that she has Post Menstrual Syndromes! Ms low and Ms azilah let the whole band take charge of next year’s February concert’s programmes and the emcee scripts.

February Concert [name hasn’t confirmed]
6th February 2007 Tuesday
At around 7.30pm
Tickets are going to be sold at $10.
Do support the BAND!!

I had life-saving lesson yesterday. the water in the pool was brrr…cold. I reached Jurong East Swimming Complex just in time for the lesson because I waited for yijing at the JE MRT to go together. Phew.

Notes for yesterday.

We swam 8 laps of breast strokes. After that, we had to practice the towing rescue with the float on and the defensive technique. During the towing rescue, I was supposed to be the rescuer but when I was half way through, I had serious leg cramps. In the end, I was the REAL victim and yijing was the rescuer. Oh my. What an irony. I still managed to recover from the cramps and continue to swim.

Defensive technique

You are 1m away from the victim. If the victim tries to catch hold of you, you immediately swim back and start to kick violently. This is to ensure that you as the rescuer will not get hurt in the case of rescuing people. After kicking and causing huge splashes, you instruct the victim not to come near you and you throw the float to the victim. When he/she grabs hold of the float, you ask the victim to kick back to the shallow waters while watching over him/her closely.

If the victim gets a shock, the rescuer will lie him/her down on a flat ground and put the float vertically below his/her feet. This is to improve the blood circulation of the whole body and allow more blood to flow to the heart and the brain. IT’S BIOLOGY!! Next week we are going to learn more about the respiratory and circulatory systems in our body. LOL. We have to learn all the biology terms like alveoli, bronchus, trachea, windpipe and more.

We had secondary One registration today. I was doing the information counter and ushering of parents. Oh I had a great time talking to some of the parents. Some were very worried about the ccas in our school, the tablet project, the shoes their daughters are supposed to wear. I saw some of my primary school mates but I don’t know them. The whole registration ended at about 12.15pm. The bookshop aunties with all her books were blocking the band room and she doesn’t allow us to go in and take our things and to practise. Enough of the bookshop aunty. The band board is finally more presentable after all the decorations from every section. Ours was cute and the rest were very artistic and beautiful. Besides the band board, I also learnt a new song and a camp rhythm. Diana taught us and it’s very cool!! The section went home together. I want to try the red hill’s ice cream. Diana and Christine said it’s nice. Im going to try it sometime. I had a nice good chat with Diana and Christine while waiting for the bukit batok train to arrive [I don’t know what line is that.] we kept procrastinating and in the end, they took the train 10 minutes later because we were talking and talking. (:

School is reopening in a week’s time and I have to start to prepare for the New Year. I am really curious as to who our subject teachers and for teacher are for the year 2007. Ms azilah will not be teaching us anymore and our new English teacher is MR RAVI!! Yoohoo!! And 4C1 will be at the Echo Block 2nd level and it’s beside the toilet. 4C2 is using the next classroom. There will be two vacant classrooms as there are only eight classes in next year secondary one and two. Yep. That’s about it. c ya.




colour my life beautiful ♥
12:12 am