<body>


. Me .

xinliang
~8th mAy 1991~

national junior college
08S06 '08'09
njc symphonic band

crescent girls' school
cgs symphonic band
1G3 2G3 3C1 4C1

nanyang primary school
1D 2E 3C 4H 5I 6I

~percussionist~

Strike,Italic,Strong,Big,Bold,Underline


. My Have-Nots .

♥ A Real Oven for Baking

♥ A Digital Camera

♥ A World Tour

♥ A Library at Home

♥ Buy Back My Previous House at Bishan

♥ Let Daddy and Mummy Retire ASAP

♥ Design and Revonate My Own Home

♥ Take Up Professional Cooking



. Quotable Quotes .

♥ Obstacles are those frightening things that appear when we take out mind off our GOALS

♥ Slow down and live..find your true joy before the day closes

♥ When life doesn't give you the best, you have to make the best out of it

♥ No matter how bad the storm is, there's a RAINBOW waiting

♥ The BATTLE is not over till it is over

♥ Limits exist only in the mind

♥ At the end, it's not the years in your life that counts; it's the life in your years

♥ A setback is an opportunity to begin more intelligently

♥ However mean your life is, meet it and live it; do not shun it and cal lit hard names. It is not as bad as you think. The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise

♥ A smile is a curve that sets everything straight

♥ I love who I am because I am who I am

♥ When work is a pleasure, life is a joy; When work is a duty, life is a slavery

♥ When the going gets tough, the tough gets going

♥ Life is like riding a bicycle; you won't fall off unless you stop pedalling

♥ Life is a kaleidoscope

♥ When life hands you lemons, make lemonade

♥ He that is down need fear no fall

♥ 人生是没有草稿的;每一天就像张昂贵的上乘好纸;不能信守随便涂鸦;要惜心对待它

♥ 天将降大任于世人也
必先苦其心志,
劳其筋骨,
饿其体肤,
空乏起身,
行拂乱其所为,
所以动心忍性,
增益其所不能。


. Speeches .


Tuesday, November 28, 2006

passion of life

Oh my god!! Before the percussion ensemble, all of us had such a lot of fun!! Yesterday was musical evening. Though we didn’t have a full house, everyone still pulled in our best efforts. I think most of the people went yesterday were all ex-pupils. Percussion reached school at about 8am. Then we rehearsed with the dance for the last time before the concert. We set off earlier than the main band because we had to load and unload percussion instruments. I was so disorganised. We had packed lunch and dinner at the esplanade.

Esplanade’s backstage is like what others said a “maze”. Luckily, I went there once to familiarise the backstage so that I could organise the arrangement of the percussion instruments. I was really afraid of the once-go-in-and-you-cannot-come-out doors. For that day and night, I did not go anywhere except to the artist lounge, the stage and Green room for having our lunch and dinner.

Right before the ensemble, Priscilla took us for warm-ups and last minute preparation. I think everyone was not in that high mood to play our ensemble. Thus, Priscilla Goh, Diana and keziah turned high. Keziah was the sick one. We practised at the roller shutters there. While we were playing, something flew over my head and I stopped playing. guess what I saw, my drumstick broke!!! Everyone was laughing like crazy cows!! Oh my! It was embarrassing. luckily, pris had an extra pair of sticks but I became the second Priscilla because she also broke the timbales sticks during the percussion ensemble in ACS(B) concert.

We were supposed to say ‘yo’ after a certain part but no one except Rachael said it in the end. I became high, high and much higher. Diana and I became the beat box (spelling). That rhythem is nice okay!! Nobody sang that ACS(B) concert section song. We changed it to don’t know-what now. Anyway, I became the ahma in the section. Christine is the mother. Diana is the pet monkey. Rachael is the pet rabbit. I don’t know about the others. Hey perc, fill me in!!

All in all, we enjoyed ourselves despite it wasn’t a band concert. The choir sang well for To The Stars. The dance danced so gracefully and so energetically. I like the ‘white cloth’ dance because the song is super nice and touching. Although band had some hiccups here and there, overall, we played quite well. Teachers and others said that our chosen songs were apt for that night’s performance. Ms Azilah’s 4S3 students said that the alumni band was great and the best. Cynthia, our ex-perc mate, said that WE DID A VERY GOOD JOB. WE ARE THE GIRL POWER!! AND WE HAVE TO CONTINUE TO UPHOLD IT!! Oh wow!! I am so touched!!

As for today, we had a combined schools exchange with haising catholic, ngee ann sec and Anglican high in our school. Our section suddenly ballooned to 18 people. Oh wells…I really didn’t know how to break ice with them and I just hope that the boys don’t be so playful or else I would not know how to handle them. Mr Tama Goh came and we sight-read and learnt the set piece for next year’s SYF. It’s called Sunrise and Safari. Sunrise is the first movement and the Night Safari is the second movement. I like the second movement better because it’s more interesting. There’s imitation of the animals. The whole band will go HISSSSSSS like a snake. So funny. I had a lot of fun yesterday!! Esplanade is nice and the security guard at the satellite centre was so humourous!! I want to get the section pictures that were taken in the esplanade from ersy. She didn’t come for band today cos her mother didn’t allow her to come. Argh!!!




colour my life beautiful ♥
8:44 pm